How to Contact Your Legislator
Whether it is during the legislative session or not, it is always important that legislators hear from horsemen, horsewomen, and friends of and suppliers to the state horse racing and breeding industry. We have to make sure they understand that the horse racing and breeding industry matters at a local level. Tell your legislator:
• Resident of his/her legislative district
• How your livelihood depends on the horse industry
• How long you have been in the business
• How many horses you own
• How many people you employ
• Local businesses you deal with
• Monthly costs of maintaining a stable / farm
These are suggestions to get you started, but anything you can think of that affects your livelihood deserves to be heard. Our business is a local agribusiness, directly and indirectly benefiting local commercial and employment activities. The more successful we are at making this fundamental point, the more successful we will be when the General Assembly takes up our issue. Only you can do this.
Information for contacting Legislators:
General Assembly information - http://www.in.gov/legislative/contact/index.html
Finding your legislator
• Go to www.in.gov/apps/sos/legislator/search
• Fill in your zip code in the space provided
• The site will identify your legislative district and legislators
Indiana State House
200 W. Washington St
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2786
• Letters may be addressed to the individual legislator with c/o Indiana House of Representatives or the Indiana Senate.
Please send the HBPA a copy of your letter, or let us know that you called, so that we can follow up. Bear in mind, all contacts to legislators are recorded.
|Representatives||Senators||The TDD Telephone Numbers|
|(317) 232-9600||(317) 232-9400||TDD (317) 232-0404|
|(800) 382-9842||(800) 382-9467||TDD (800) 548-9517|
Go online to the Access Indiana Website at www.in.gov/legislative.legislators
Follow the options, and select CONTACT LEGISLATORS. Select your
legislator and type your message to them. Please send us a copy.